If you are running a UNIX based system, you can copy your application to the module using either SSH or Samba. FTP and Telnet are also available, however for the development stage, we recommend SSH or Samba.
QML Application Using SSH
Setup SSH within the Linux VM by following these steps:
- Use the command “ssh-keygen -t dsa”.
- Press Enter to accept the default file to save the key. Note: You may need to enter ‘y’ to accept an overwrite of an existing file.
- Press Enter for no passphrase.
- Press Enter again for same passphrase.
- Use the command ‘ssh-copy-id root@<IP_ADDR>’, substituting the development kit’s IP address for <IP_ADDR>.
- Enter Yes to continue connection.
- Press Enter for password. Note: See section below for secure SSH.
- Use the command ‘ssh root@<IP_ADDR>’, substituting the development kit’s IP address for <IP_ADDR>.
- Exit from SSH.
Each time you want to copy the QML application to the development kit:
- ssh root@<IP_ADDR> “source /etc/profile ; /etc/init.d/tio-agent stop”
- ssh root@<IP_ADDR> “source /etc/profile ; /etc/init.d/qml-viewer stop”
- Use the command “scp -r * root@<IP_ADDR>:/application/src”
- ssh root@<IP_ADDR> “source /etc/profile ; /etc/init.d/tio-agent start”
- ssh root@<IP_ADDR> “source /etc/profile ; /etc/init.d/qml-viewer start”
QML Application Using Secure SSH
On the development kit:
QML Application Using Samba
- Click on Connect to Server.
- Enter the development kit’s IP address for Server.
- Select Type of Windows Share.
- Click on Connect without filling any other fields.
- This opens a file browser showing files on the development kit.
- Browse into the App folder, then into the SRC folder.
- If needed, login as “root”, no password.
- Use these commands to stop the TIO Agent and the QML Viewer so you can upload your application:
- /etc/init.d/tio-agent stop
- /etc/init.d/qml-viewer stop
- In the file browser showing the development kit, remove all files and folders in the SRC folder.
- Copy all files from your application’s source folder to the SRC folder on the development kit.
- /etc/init.d/qml-viewer start
- /etc/init.d/tio-agent start
Your QML application should now be running on the development kit.
Use either the SSH method or the file browser Samba method above to setup access to the development kit, then remove/replace your application’s binaries as appropriate. Specific instructions are beyond the scope of this document since every application will be unique.