Reach Technology, a Novanta company, has an opening for an experienced Technical Sales Manager in our Lake Oswego, Oregon office. We’re building our sales force and are looking for an individual to support our consultative style selling. You will assist in developing business value propositions around Reach Technology products and solutions. You will drive sales with your technical knowledge, technical account management skills, sales ability, and a strong customer-first focus. We’re looking for a flexible professional who can both take and give direction. He or she will work closely with our R&D department, marketing team, and Product Line Manager to achieve the desired metrics.
- Learn technical details concerning how our display products work and what problems they solve for customers.
- Create new sales strategies to target B2B customers and position our products as the best solution for prospective customers.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Establish new accounts by identifying potential customers, and planning and organizing a sales call schedule.
- Manage customer relations by soliciting and logging client feedback and evaluating the data we receive through digital channels.
- Gather and interpret customer requirements. Work with the R&D department and Product Line Manager to determine the best solutions.
- Generate high-quality sales leads and follow-up after the initial
- Set and achieve sales goals and quotas on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Identify areas where we can improve customer satisfaction and repeat business, then communicate those issues and possible solutions to upper management.
- Position may require up to 25%
Job Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years consultative selling experience in the technology industry.
- Excellent relationship management and presentation skills.
- Proven leadership and idea selling skills.
- Excellent communication and account management skills.
- Familiarity with project management solutions a plus.
- Technical curiosity and a natural flair for technical applications a plus.
- Ability to break down technical concepts into more ‘user-friendly’ terminology.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques with the ability to analyze and interpret customer requirements, identify issues and problems, and offer appropriate action plans towards resolution.
- Degree in Engineering or related pre-sales experience a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.
If you are interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org